"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."- Leonardo da Vinci

2.20.2011

An early start to spring cleaning

I’ve been seriously knitting for a few years now, and I’ve of course accumulated a lot of yarn scraps. My knitting gear is stashed all over the house ( I dream of my own little corner one day), and it’s getting harder and harder to find what I need, or keep track of what I have. What better solution than a knitted one?
In Joelle Hoverson’s “More last-minute knitted gifts” I saw this super-simple pattern for a basket that is perfect for my needs. It took almost no time to whip it up, and I was impatient to finish it. So impatient that even though I did not have the correct size circular needles to finish the edge, I used a pair that was slightly too long, resulting in an edge that is not as tight as I’d like it to be. The finished basket, though not perfect, is very practical, so I immediately started working on one twice the size.
I’m going to have to make a few more of these baskets because there are numerous uses for them.

4 comments:

  1. Just love this :-) It's beautiful. (love that book too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! They are so beautiful! I really love them. Great photos Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mon you should make these baskets for sale, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thses are adorable Monica - thanks for your comment on my blog too. I think we must be kindred spirits! Can't wait to see your cowl. I'm getting so excited to finish! I'm about half-way through!

    ReplyDelete