"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."- Leonardo da Vinci

5.06.2015

Knitter's Frolic


I recently had the best weekend getaway! 

Picture this: road trip with a girlfriend, uninterrupted knitting time, pedicures, wine and fantastic talks with like-minded people, a wool-festival aptly named “Knitter’s Frolic” and workshops filled with an amazing wealth of information, all new and exciting.

This adventure has been in the works for a while. Robyn, aka knitpurlmama and I had originally planned to go to Rhinebeck, a couple of years ago, but that never turned into reality. Still, we kept the dream alive and finally decided on Toronto’s Knitter’s Frolic. We met up with another wonderfully crafty friend, Jen of Spinnerknits.

I was so busy having fun that I did not even pull out my camera. I do have a few Instagram shots to share though.

Besides the overwhelming amount of yarn, I immensely enjoyed the 2 workshops I took. The first one was with Sivia Harding, who makes these incredible knits adorned with beads. I learned a tremendous amount from her and I cannot wait to experiment more.

The second workshop was with Kate Atherley whose enthusiasm for brioche stitch is contagious! Oh, the possibilities!! So many new things! So little time!!


I came home with what I consider a modest yarn haul, and I am currently obsessively researching and planning stages of upcoming projects.


Now that I’ve gotten a taste of yarn shows/festivals, I would love to check out more! 




Sivia Harding and I



Kate Atherley and I 




2 comments:

  1. Haha! You posted :) Love the picture of the four bracelets. I have yet to figure out how to actually GET the photos off my phone! It was a great weekend and I think we've got it sorted so I get to see you again in a few weeks! Wheee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, and shockingly managed another blog post tonight! I cannot wait for our brunch!

      Delete