"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."- Leonardo da Vinci

5.13.2015

Style a Knit

My return to work, from maternity leave, has prompted a wardrobe overhaul. I have gone through several "styles" in my life in an attempt to find the real "me". It's been an interesting journey, but I believe, or rather hope, that I have finally matured. 

For some reason, this time, I was determined to approach it from a practical point of view. I've been reading a lot about capsule wardrobes, and I can see its advantages, especially for a person whose morning routine is a mad dash. Simplicity, a formula, interchangeable pieces, all a must at this point in my life. So, I am working on creating one for myself, and I have decided that as a knitter it would be essential to incorporate some knits into it. 

I am “limited” to a pretty typical casual business attire, but that does not mean that I cannot be a little creative. And to be honest, I am having fun planning outfits around handmade knits. I am thinking this may even turn into a regular column on the blog, what do you think of  “Fashionable Knits”, “Fashion Purl-ice” or better yet “Style-a-Knit”.

After a few delightful hours spend on Ravelry and Pinterest, I have a list of knits that I will have to "whip up" to add to my wardrobe. It's not going to be easy, it's not going to be cheap, it's certainly not going to be fast, but it's going to be SO much fun! And you'll hear about every detail. 

My first choice? A Bristol Ivy pattern called Svalbard. 

Pattern name: Svalbard                            Outfit inspiration Pinterest


I'll be back soon to tell you more about it.






4 comments:

  1. I totally hear you, I did a wardrobe overhaul after my daughter was born, and definitely began to look at my knits in a whole new way. I love that Svalbard cardigan, looks perfect for the office!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big change I find, and I cannot wait to start wearing it, though, I would love to hang on to pour summer weather for a little longer.

      Delete
  2. Very much enjoying all your new favourites on Rav - can see the new wardrobe taking shape :) Of course, too bad you can't just wiggle your nose or nod your head and get it all knit up.... Still, lots of fun to dream and plan and knit when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be fantastic?? I think that I would not mind sitting around and knitting for 8 hours a day...instead of spending my days in front of a computer...sigh.

      Delete